- Are given extended time each day for free, unstructured play outside in our play garden
- Plant and help maintain and harvest our onsite garden plots
- Explore nature in the classroom through a seasonal nature table and a discovery area
- Work on projects that incorporate recycled and nature-sourced materials
- Learn about and participate in recycling and composting
Our half-day program (9:00-12:45) is open to potty-trained children ages 3 to 6. A lead teacher and a teaching assistant guide each class; unlike our school-year program, parents are not in the classroom as parent teachers.
- Fireflies (3-year-olds*): 3-day camp (Tu/W/Th)
- Bumblebees (4-year-olds): 5-day camp
- Dragonflies (5- and 6-year-olds): 5-day camp
* Member children must be 3 as of September 1, 2013. Nonmember children must be 3 as of June 1, 2013.
OCP’s summer camp runs for six weeks, with a break the week of July 1. Camp begins on June 10, 2013, and ends on July 26, 2013.
Families may register for individual weeks or all weeks.
Members and alumni during member registration (March 4-17):
- 3-day camp: $90/week
- 5-day camp: $150/week
Nonmembers and members after member registration:
- 3-day camp: $105/week
- 5-day camp: $175/week
Enrolled siblings receive a 10 percent discount.
Financial Information: A $50 deposit for each week of camp is due when you register. This deposit reserves your child’s spot in summer camp. Payments may be made by check and mailed to Oakhurst Cooperative Preschool, Attn: Camp, P.O. Box 2583, Decatur, GA 30031-2583. Deposits are nonrefundable. The remaining balance is due by June 10, 2013.
Cancellation Policy: OCP reserves the right to cancel any camp week if minimum participation numbers are not met. Registrants will be notified of any cancellations no later than May 24, 2013. If OCP cancels any week of summer camp, all deposits for those weeks will be refunded.
Withdrawal Policy: We understand that sometimes it is necessary for a family to withdraw a child from a registered camp week for unforeseen circumstances. If you withdraw your child before two weeks (14 days) of the start of the camp week, your tuition, minus the deposit, will be fully refunded. If you withdraw your child within two weeks of camp, no refund will be given.