Oakhurst Cooperative Preschool is now accepting resumes from qualified candidates for Summer Camp Administrator, Lead Teachers, and Assistant Teachers. Our summer camp at OCP for three- to six-year-olds is child-led, play-based, and nature-based. Activities are designed to stimulate a child’s imagination and development with an emphasis on integrating nature, all while having fun.
Paid training, planning, and orientation days will be required prior to the start of camp. Employees are also expected to provide CPR and First Aid certifications or complete appropriate training. Background and reference checks are mandatory.
Summer Camp Administrator:
The Summer Camp Administrator oversees the day-to-day operations of the building, the classes, and a staff composed of four Lead Teachers and four Teaching Assistants. On-site hours are 8:30 AM-2:00 PM, Monday-Friday. Candidates for the Administrator position must demonstrate enthusiastic, caring personalities and high levels of energy. Pay for the Camp Administrator is $18-20/hour depending on experience.
Specifically, the Administrator’s responsibilities include:
- Providing backup and support for teachers during the camp day
- Finding substitute teachers and assistants as needed
- Collecting payroll data
- Maintaining camper files
- Preparing separation notices for teachers at the end of the summer
- Providing class rosters to teachers ahead of each enrollment week
- Collecting tuition and enrollment paperwork when summer camp is in session
- Ensuring proper execution of the planned curriculum
- Understanding the location of supplies in the building
- Sending out, by email, a summer camp newsletter once a week
- Assisting in documentation of the day
- Leading weekly staff meetings
Lead Teachers/Assistant Teachers:
Three- and five-day positions are available.
It is preferred that candidates for Lead Teacher have a degree in Early Childhood Education or a similar field and classroom experience with preschool children. Waldorf, Reggio, and Creative Curriculum teacher training and classroom experience are a plus. Teaching Assistants should have experience working with young children.
Pay for lead teachers is $16-18/hour, while TA pay is $10-$12/hour depending on experience.
To learn more about OCP’s summer camp, visit the school’s website.
To apply: Please send a letter of introduction, a resume, and three references to
OCP.Camp@gmail.com. No phone calls.