Thank you for considering Oakhurst Cooperative Preschool

We accept children aged two to four years for classes two, three or five days per week. Students must be age 2 by September 1 of the year they enter. We are a half-day program. Our school hours are 9am – 12:45pm.

In making admissions decisions, we strive for an ethnically, culturally, and economically diverse community that is united in its commitment to parent involvement in our children’s learning, growth, and development. We attempt to build a community that takes advantage of the wide range of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds that families can bring to our school, and that also reflects the wider community surrounding our school–all with the goal of creating an interesting and stimulating environment for our children.

 Admissions / Application

Enrollment Application

OCP is a cooperative preschool with each member contributing to the school’s success. We recommend attending a tour or emailing to understand expectations before applying.

Applications for the 2023-24 school year are now closed.  You can sign up on the form below to be notified when applications for the 2024-25 school year open.

School Tours

One of the best ways to understand our school is to join one of our tours.  Tour dates for 2023 are below :

  • Wednesday November 15
  • Monday December 4
  • Friday December 15

All tours start at 11am and last approximately 1 hour. Children are welcome. Please contact to join or if you have additional questions.


Tuition Schedule

Tuition is based on the number of days your child attends OCP each week. Applicants to OCP pay a one-time-only application fee of $100. Once accepted, there is a non-refundable enrollment fee that equates to a 10% tuition deposit; the remaining 90% of tuition is paid in nine equal monthly payments, with the first payment billed on September 1 and the last on May 1. The chart below outlines our tuition structure for the 2023-2024 school year (tuition is subject to change).

Multi-Child Discount

OCP offers a multi-child discount. Families enrolling multiple children at OCP will be billed full tuition for the child enrolled in the most days, then receive a 10% discount for each additional child.

Financial Assistance

Oakhurst Cooperative Preschool (OCP) is committed to offering a supportive and welcoming school community. Currently we offer financial assistance through our Tuition Assistance Program (TAP). The TAP provides annual tuition assistance for an ongoing need.

The TAP strives to enhance diversity by assisting economically less-advantaged OCP families with their co-op tuition requirements.

TAP Application and Award Process Overview

1. Read Section 1.1 – Program eligibility and administration.

2. Contact the President ( ) to receive a copy of the TAP application, or download it from our website. Current members can download it from ParentSquare.

3. All applications for the TAP are due at the time of application for enrollment for new families, and the time of re-enrollment for returning families. A TAP application must include the following:

  • A completed TAP application form. To maintain confidentiality, all documents should be presented in a large sealed envelope;

  • A letter from the applicant requesting Tuition Assistance that provides further contextual support as referenced in the TAP application, or see Item 2.1 above; and

  • A copy of the family’s most recent Federal Tax Return.

4. For new families, TAP applications are considered separately from the admissions process.

5. Award notifications are sent the same week as acceptance of enrollment to the school. The allocation of funds will be made in a manner that allows the greatest benefit to the largest number of applicants. No single award will exceed 40% of the total tuition amount.

To learn more, download detailed information and the TAP application here.

We are excited that you are interested in learning more about OCP and becoming a part of our community. We recommend attending a tour or emailing to understand expectations before applying. 


Applications for the 2023-24 school year are now closed.  You can sign up on the form below to be notified when applications for the 2024-25 school year open. 


Oakhurst Cooperative Preschool creates a nurturing community that gives children and their families the opportunity to learn, communicate, play and grow together. In this positive, family-centered educational environment, we strive to develop each child's curiosity, empathy, confidence, self-discipline, and enthusiasm for learning.

By encouraging children to be active and creative explorers of art, music, literature, nature, and the community, we provide a foundation for acquiring the skills children need to succeed both now and in the future. We model sustainable practices through our curriculum, daily operations, and community events.

830 W. College Avenue, Decatur, GA | 404-474-7255 |